meta

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search here

Custom Search

Friday, May 14, 2010

10 Things you will give up for Law School

10 Things you will give up for Law school

The no. 1 problem of students in studying the law is being “Time Constraint”. Students whine and curse law professors because of the unbelievable workload they give. Sometimes I even wish vampires are real and I’m one of them, so I don’t have to sleep at all and I’ll have all the time to read or I have Hermoine Granger’s time-turner so I could control time.

To cope up with this problem, Students will have give up few things to allot time for studying. Here are the some things you have to say goodbye once you’re in law school.

1. Sleep- this is prolly the first thing you’ll ever give up. You spend the night reading cases or books instead of sleeping. My Professor once said that “In law School, Sleep is a luxury”


2. Watching TV- Yes, no more TVs. No more watching TV series, Say Goodbye to glee, The Tyra Banks Show, TMZ, HBO and many many more. If you are responsible, you’ll only turn the TV to watch the news because it is important to know what’s going on and it’s the only program that’ll provide something that is related to school.


3. Hobby- My hobby is to read novels. I love reading. Now I can’t do it anymore. But reading cases especially civil cases, is like reading short stories as well. So I get entertained and I learn at the same time by reading them.


4. Weekend Parties- you’ll be so tired to attend parties for sure. You’ll give them up for a goodnight sleep or just spend time with your family or special someone instead.


5. Movie Marathons-I used to be updated with movies. I watch every good movie whenever I have the time on DVD’s or on big screen. Now even if I have the time, watching movies are no longer on my list anymore.


6. Coffee hour- you’ll hardly find the time to see your girlfriends now. So no more coffee hour, shopping, etc. with them for a long time. I get to see my girlfriends only during semester break or summer vacation. Luckily you’ll find new friends in law school. They will be your new mates. And you’ll spend more time with them than your old friends.


7. Texting- I no longer spend time sending group messages to friends or chatting with them in texts. Sometimes when I’m busy reading, I don’t even bother reading texts, to avoid getting distracted.


8. Job- I know a number of students who gave up their job to give 100% of their attention to the legal study.


9. Facebook- Do you spend 2-3 hours of your time in facebook every day? Well, bid your Farmville farewell or whatever games and applications you have in facebook because these addicting games will eat so much of your time.


10. Old Clothes- Well when I said old clothes, I didn’t mean you’ll throw everything in your closet. It’s just that you will have to undergo wardrobe revamp and try as early as now, to dress up well and look sophisticated to fit in the legal community. In my case, I no longer wear rubber shoes that much, Majority of my clothes are now dresses. My boyish style can no longer be seen nowadays. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment